For our Milan office, we are looking for an INFRASTRUCUTURE MANAGER to join a development team in an international context, who has at least 5 years of experience in the role and who will be able to move in complete autonomy. The main functions of the position will be:
– Manage a remote support center with regard to infrastructure.
– Train and assist project managers/programmers in the installation of the proprietary NOW product, set up of the Data Base (Oracle and DB2) and Application server (jboss), either at the customer’s site or from the site
– Resolve problems inherent in the application’s middleware and operating systems
– Assist in tuning the various software components to optimize performance
– Support cloud deployments
– Manage cybersecurity issues and help create standard procedures and certifications
Experience is required with respect to:
– Relational databases (DB2 and possibly Oracle) in OLTP environment
– Jboss application servers
– VMware, Proxmox virtualization technologies and back up systems (Veeam back up)
– Installation and implementation of Windows and Linux operating systems including in cluster and storage environment
– Advanced network management and security issues (Check Point, Sonicwall and Linux firewalls), DNS and intrusion detection solutions
– Centralized back up solutions (Tivoli Storage Manager, Arcserve)
– Experience on monitoring tools (Example: Zabbix)
Knowledge of the English language is required.
Completes the profile keen interest in technology, excellent organizational, diagnostic, problem solving (Triage), communication and interpersonal skills, work organization, proactivity and attitude to teamwork.
Place of employment: Milan, Italy
Availability for travel in Italy and abroad is required.